|Established Year||: 1919|
|Address||: St. Joseph's F.C.Convent Mattakara Kottayam (Dt)|
|Phone||: 04812 542742|
It is in Kottayam district. Mattakara is a big parish consisting of so many catholic families. The catholics there sensed the need of a convent of FCC sisters. According to the request of the parish priest and the parishioners, five sisters from Bharananganam convent reached here. With the permission of Mar Thomas Kurialassery, the Bishop of Changanasserry and the co-operation of the parishioners the convent was opened in 19thMarch 1919. Rev. Sr. Veronica was the first superior. The sisters were hard working and with a pleasant attitude which edified the people. As they were really poor, people came forward to help them. They were teaching catechism preparing children for first communion etc. Seeing their hard working, mutual love and prayer life, seven young girls came to join the convent in1920. They used to teach in the schools of Pulinkunnu, Changanacherry, and Maniamkunnu. Mr. Chacko Anchalackal gave them some land at Manjamattam, including one L.P. School, as a free gift. Gradually they started a High School. In the beginning the sisters were coming from Mattakara and teaching. As it was difficult to walk daily such a long distance, a convent was opened at Manjamattam.